People keep asking me, “What’s next?” or some other derivative of what I have planned for this next year in writing. So here’s the complete low down on what you can expect. It may not look like a lot listed, but any writer can tell you that this is a pretty full plate.
- Beginning next week I will try my hand at this vlogging thing on YouTube. Be sure to subscribe, please. I’m not sure how good it will be, but I think it’s a social media outlet that authors have not done well in capitalizing on. I want to break the mold and forge a new path. My vlogging subjects will mostly be a behind the scenes look at how I handle all the other craziness I’m doing this year.
- Starting later in January, my unpublished novel Among Dragons will be serialized in Digital Dragon Magazine. You’ll be treated to monthly installments throughout the year. I’m very excited to be revisiting and rewriting this novel for DDM and even more excited to get to share this story with all of you. More information will be forth coming, so watch for updates. If you don’t want to miss them you should subscribe to my website, twitter, my FB fanpage, or YouTube.
- Winter is up for several awards this year. I’ll keep you posted on how that goes. There’s not really much for me to do in this regards except to wait. Joy.
- Speaking of awards, I am a judge for the Action/Adventure category of the Grace Awards, which will be awarded in early May. My commitment to that will have me reading and judging the three finalists throughout March and April.
- Winter 2 will be completed. I am entering my final revision and self-editing phases, which I want to complete by May. Over the summer I’ll be doing formal editing with the intent of having ARC (Advanced Reader Copies) ready by late July. Look for the official promo kick-off to start in late September with the public release of the book late October. I haven’t decided when I’ll release the title yet.
- Sometime during the Spring I will film the live-action trailer for Winter 2. But you won’t be able to see it until the promo kick-off.
- I also want to film at least one other video if I can squeeze it in.
- I’ll be doing some work for my publisher, which I’ll disclose as I’m able. But I can tell you I’m involved with the design and creation of three covers so far (that’s including Winter 2) and I’m helping to edit a summer release from Splashdown Darkwater.
- And on top of all of that, here’s a few things I’ll be doing that you won’t see:
- Writing the first draft of Winter 3. Expected release date is spring of 2014.
- Writing the first draft of a new book…which I’m keeping secret right now.
- Completing 20 hours of graduate school work…which might possibly include up to 50k words of academic research. Some of this may end up on my blog.
Wow. I’m tired already. Bring it on 2012!