Winter up for a Grace Award
Winter is in the running for a Grace Award. These awards are completely reader driven during the first phase. The three finalists in each category will be reviewed by a panel of three judges to determine the winner. To read the official Voting Guidelines, CLICK HERE. But since some of you have expressed confusion about what to do, here is a simplified step by step guide. It should only take you a couple of minutes to vote.
HERE’S HOW TO VOTE
1) You must have a social networking account that has existed prior to November 1, 2011. Facebook, Twitter, G+, LinkedIn, Goodreads, Shelfari, Shoutlife, Myspace…it doesn’t matter.
2) Begin a new email to email@example.com. Make the subject Grace Awards vote.
3) In the first line of your email, put your NAME and LINK to your social networking account. If you do not provide the LINK, then your vote will be INVALID. If you don’t know how to find your Facebook link, click on your name in the top right hand corner. It’ll take you to your profile home page. Copy paste the link in the address bar.
4) Here is the voting template. COPY PASTE the entire thing into the body of your email.
Womens Fiction Title (serious women’s issues, can have humor and/or suspense elements). Why you like the story: (At least 25 words)
Contemporary Romance/Historical Romance Title (the primary element is love/marriage, be it now or then). Why you like the story: (At least 25 words)
Suspense/Thriller/Mystery/Romantic Suspense/ Detective Series Title (crime fiction, there’s probably a body). Why you like the story: (At least 25 words)
Speculative Fiction Title (SciFi, fantasy, horror, etc.). Why you like the story: (At least 25 words)
Action Adventure/Western/Historic Epic Fiction Title (exploits, quest, a feel of wide-open spaces, expansive). Why you like the story: (At least 25 words)
Young Adult Title (appeals to ages 15 – 21-ish). Why you like the story: (At least 25 words)
5) To vote for WINTER, go beneath the SPECULATIVE FICTION category. You must WRITE 25 WORDS OR MORE about why you liked Winter. Don’t forget to actually state the title and author. Winter, by Keven Newsome. If you’ve previously left an Amazon review, I see no reason why you couldn’t use some of what you’ve already written.
6) You may vote for other books in other categories if you wish. You’re allowed one vote per category, but do not repeat books. Authors cannot vote for their own books.
7) Send your email.
That’s it! Thanks for your vote and your continued support!